27.9.05

pictures pictures

Keep scrolling down--I'm adding pictures a little at a time, tonight in the entry "Quelle belle journée!" This is, as always, a slow process, so it will probably take me a while to catch up with myself. I've still got some pictures from Italy that I haven't put on this computer, as well as pics from the Musée D'Orsay, my room, and of course the Eiffel Tower!

As for an update--not too much to say at the moment. Visited the Catacombs under the streets of southern Paris, walked a lot, rode the metro, napped, ate dinner with the Family. The usual. Perhaps soon I won't be using up all my blogging fuel in posting pictures, and will feel like giving more interesting updates. But for now, it's my bed time. I'm always sleepy here. Good thing I have a ridiculously comfy bed!

with zzzz's,

em

:::edit:::

Time for more pictures!


You know what this one is...Isn't it pretty? Ok, maybe you aren't that blown away by it, as I never was. That is, until I came to Paris and actually saw the thing. It's okay during the day, but at night, when the Eiffel Tower is all lit up and especially when it sparkles, it's one of my favorite parts of Paris. Another one of those things you have to see in person. Sitting in the lawn next to the tower, drinking wine in good company, or just walking around and seeing it unexpectedly--so fun. And when it all lights up, it's like being a little kid again, on a much bigger scale--Dazzly, as I believe I called it when I was little. There's something fun when both the structure, and the lights are there for no other purpose than to be looked at and look pretty. Kind of festive, one might say.


You can see just a few sparkles here, from almost underneath the tower. I guess that's all there really is to say about that.

No comments: