30.4.06

picture attack! in reverse order...

It's been a while, and plenty has been going on. So here's the picture update. Incidentally, in reverse order, since I somehow can't move my pictures around and well, that's just the way it is. So enjoy!


This is my silhouette at an exposition I went to today at the Palais de Tokyo. They had these cool lights moving around in the rather dark area, and my narcissistic side couldn't resist taking a few pics of my own shadow. There's another one a little lower down.


Oh, Paris. Cold and rainy the on the last day of April. At least there are different umbrellas to look at.


Fat Batman hanging from the ceiling in the Palais de Tokyo. Most likely a statement about American excess, but mostly just funny.


The other silhouette. You can kind of tell that my hair is all frizzy from the pouring rain...


The sign (at the train station near Giverny)--"Here rent Bicycles"


The roommate (D'yon) and myself in part of Monet's gardens at Giverny. Look how we love each other. Recognize the bridge in the background?


The pictures at Giverny weren't the best, since the weather was really grey...but there's that bridge you might've seen before again.

And here's where my nerdiness comes in. There were tons of beautiful flowers at Monet's digs, and most of them being my favorite flower (tulips) and amazing colors, I took way to many boring flower pictures. Then, to make things worse, I couldn't decide which ones to put on the blog, so put on way too many! I suppose there are those who will enjoy them!



This one's fuzzy (as are a few of them) but the colors are amazing so you have to look at them anyway.


Monet's House.


Gah--I love these colours together--they're so striking. And in the same flower in this case!


More of the red and yellow I like so much together.


A little street in Giverny--it's really like a small neighborhood, where Monet lived. Quaint would be the word.




My roommate (again) with her men on the train ride to Giverny. On the left is her boyfriend, Pierre-Alexandre, one of the guys we met in Prague. We're all buddies.


Just like this one. Window out onto paris rooftops from my friend Tiff's seventh-floor studio.


And Tiffy herself. A good friend of mine from class last semester. She's german (like most of my friends, it seems), from Munich. The wine's in the foreground because of the cork you can barely see that fell in. We thought we should commemorate her adorable klutziness with a photo.


I like to call these two my "Annes Allemandes" because they're both named Anne, and they're both German (that's what Allemand means in French). A great picture of two dear friends!


With my Annes, we did all of the major tourism for Paris over a long weekend. This is Place de la Bastille (where the prison used to be), where I introduced them to the joys of panini on the steps of the Opera.

The Louvre at sunset. With a bit of the pyramid.


The Cemetery in Montmartre. And tulips. I love springtime.


The Annes again, at the top of Sacre Coeur.


My friend Courtney doing Su-Doku to pass the night in the Madrid airport on the way back from Tenerife during Spring break.


Joanna shuffling cards...probably around 3 am in the Madrid airport--long night.


My first poker game. Still in the airport.


On the way to the airport-- the volcanic mountains of Tenerife--the one of the Canary Islands we stayed at.


Alright, same deal as the flowers. Too many pictures of the sunset on the beach. But whatever, you know you love it.






Dusk on the Beach with (l-r) Joanna and Courtney.

Beach feet!



Charles de Gaulle (called Roissy by the natives) waiting for the plane to take us to the SUN and the SAND and the FUN!


Hyacinths at the park near my house earlier this month.


The first real spring day of the year. D'yon's and my feet bare in the sunshine, a good book in my lap, and fresh fruit in a beautiful park.

Sorry all you got were captions...but that's just gonna have to do. Enjoy the pictures, at least!

2 comments:

Virginia said...

Emilee,
NO you don't have too many pictures of flowers or sunsets! Great work. I love each of them. In fact, we may need to see about working out a deal for me to use some of those beach pics for wallpaper. Hmm. A new way to buy books next year?? Thanks, as always, for sharing. Not only the pictures but life in Paris. I am enjoying the vicarious experience. Come home safely so I can see ALL the pictures!
Virginia

Saewnogoth said...

I love all your many, many pictures! :-) Your entries so make me want to travel, it reminds me that there are so many things out there to see and so many people to meet.