30.8.08

(fortune cookie)

It's 5:00 pm and I'm sitting on the couch wondering how I could possibly still be stuffed from lunch. Of course, as I wonder this, I immediately recall the parade of deliciousness that sauntered across my palate this afternoon at P.F. Chang's with my mom's family. I'll spare you the details, since I'd hate to incite lust or jealousy in the hearts of my innocent readers ;) Just know that it was interesting, tasty, and bountiful.

At the end of the feeding frenzy, I opened up a fortune cookie as an afterthought. I sighed customary relief to find that my future holds no "short stranger soon entering my life"--the fortune my mother received twice in her life just prior to discovering she was pregnant with me and just prior to finding out James was on the way. Short stranger danger averted, my fortune instead read:

"You are a lover of words; someday you should write a book."

Not a bad idea. Maybe I will.

Someday.

For now, I'm more than content to gather material.

1 comment:

ann said...

Emilee! I told you about your writin g abilities! DO IT! WRITE A BOOK! I would buy the first copy.

Ah! I'm so excited.