4.10.08

(blustery days)

For those of you who hear "Southern France" and think "warm weather" (as I did), I would like to share some knowledge that I've recently come by as a resident of Rodez: Southern France is warm if you're not in the Massif Central

The Massif Central is a region of South-Central France which is just generally elevated--some mountains, plateaus, etc. 

Yesterday, it was so windy that I saw hail being blown up a steep hill at a high velocity as I tried to keep my balance and to keep my heavy computer bag from blowing off of my shoulders. Today the low temperature is below freezing--in the beginning of October, no less! Of course, tomorrow the high is, once again, in the comfortable range...so I'm learning that weather on the hill is fickle, to say the least. The trick, I've decided, is layers. 

So, now you're all a bit more informed ;) 

I'm going to venture back out into the wind with my produce from the market in hand, my beret (yes, my beret) on my head, and get to making some more soup! 

4 comments:

Betty Carlson said...

I was at a rugby match in Rodez yesterday evening and there was actually a snow flurry. No kidding.

I hope Friday works out -- I haven't heard from A. It would be perfect for me.

Anonymous said...

I probably shouldn't mention then that Houston has been in the mid 80s F, sunny, breezy, and with low humidity. Supposedly it's the beginning of 'fall weather.'

I should find a beret and start wearing it more often.

ann said...

Yes, well my "nice fall weather" is getting hotter and hotter with horrible wind storms in the afternoons, soon to turn into rain storms. I still think I'd rather this than freezing hail blowng uphills though. I'm glad you are surviving. Keep the soup on!

Betty Carlson said...

Emilee - -You and I are on for Friday, for sure! But I haven't heard anything back from Ashley yet. I'll check up on her tomorrow.
Take care!