9.10.09

(small town, parte dos)

I didn't expect to have a follow up to the "small world" post of last night, but I should have known better.

On a related note (you'll see why soon)--I'm headed to Argentina in the morning! In the company of two program volunteers I have met twice, I'll be crossing the snowy Andes in a double-decker bus to arrive in Bariloche. It will be my first time heading out for a weekend (a long one, at that) and I can't wait to see what I see!

As we all know by now, Rio Bueno is quite small. It occurred to me last week, in fact, that there's not even a traffic light in town. However, despite my small-town celebrity and tranquil traffic patterns, I was still surprised by my small-town moment of the day. Eric works at a high school in town in the same capacity as I do, and since we both need to get to Osorno (about 30 minutes away, the location of the postcard tray from the most recent entry) to catch our bus tomorrow, he asked if I'd like to catch a ride with him and a colleague of his. I said yes, please. Then I asked where I should meet them to head out. His response?

"Oh, my colleague knows where you live. We'll stop by your house on the way out of town."

I have no idea who this mysterious high school teacher is, or why they know where I live. Something I've learned to do more readily in Chile is to shrug my shoulders and not ask questions. I'll just assume that they know my host family, and thank them for the ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I wish for to subscribe for this webpage to take
hottest updates, thus where can i do it please help out.


Feel free to surf to my weblog ... http://liquidbio.com/Research/index.php5?title=User:MarlysSam