1.11.05

Let's try this one more time...

Hopefully I'll be able to finish uploading pictured. *crosses fingers*

Yessssssssss...I'll pick back up with the Loire, I think.

Chateau Chambord. This place is massive--it even has a moat! Mostly constructed during the 16th century, I think, and built on a really marshy area, where the hunting was good for good ol' Roi Francois 1er.

This is a small chapel at another chateau, Amboise. This building is where Leonardo da Vinci lives. Or rather, where his bones live. just to the left of the picture, and in the floor, is the artist/inventor's grave.

Cathedral of St. Martin, in Tours. It's really a beautiful building, and was made that much more amazing by the fact that clear morning light was streaming in through all of the stained-glass and regular glass windows. And the choir was having practice while we were there, which was beautiful. Have I ever mentioned that I'm becoming somewhat of a cathedral junkie? I love being in them, especially when there is music echoing back and forth through the vaults and columns and domed ceilings...

A little part of the same cathedral. Just some columns and some morning!

Another "cathedral" of sorts--where faithful worshipers gather regularly...Stade de France. Suffice it to say--soccer is BIG here. Maybe even bigger than American football is in the States. Fun, fun night, though.

This is the courtyard at "La Catho"--ie, school. Somewhere that I haven't spent very much time, comparatively ;) This is where we usually meet up for lunch before heading around back for classes. Nothing really spectacular, but there it is.

And finally, just some fun pictures of friends!

Maureen in the wine cave in the Loire.

Emilee and Amy, also in the cave!

David and Joanna facing Notre Dame on Nuit Blanche. I really like this picture :)

Let's see...I know this will mean nothing to you, but...for my own satisfaction and entertainment, I'm going to name everybody in the picture who's standing on the Eiffel tower! Left to right: Joanna, Courtney, Amy, Matt, Emilee, D'yon, and Alexis.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the pics. I can not wait for you to come back to America and see ALL of them! Yes, every, single one!! I miss you. I am praying for you. Guard your heart.
Psalm 34 (of course!)