15.1.06

A couple more

Me on New Years, just walkin' around in the streets.
The tracks of my Metro Station, from above. I live by the newest line, so it's super nice and all fancy looking!
The pyramid in front of the Louvre. It's hard to get a good picture of it w/o a tripod, but here it is nonetheless!
Some lights running the lenth of rue Mouffetard, where I rang in the New Year at a bar with my host sister and some of her friends.
The cake after Christmas dinner. It was humongous, and amazing! It was a rum cake with layers of jam, covered in cream cheese icing and walnuts!
You saw the empty table earlier, so here's a picture of part of it during the actual dinner, full of people!
This is one of my "host brothers" Olivier, who I never really see. He's got two kids, and is a Chef somewhere. He's in the middle of shaving pieces of dried ham (raw, of course) from a pig leg. There's a hoof underneath the towel he's using to grip the leg!

So blogspot is being funny, and I'm not sure why it loaded this picture twice. But for some reason, I can't delete this one without deleting all the pictures. I'll just leave it here, and use this opportunity to mention that that pig hoof (from the ankle down, anyway) is to this day still sitting in our refrigerator. Who knows why...

2 comments:

Virginia said...

Oh Frabjous day....more from Emilee! Thanks, Em, for all the beautiful pics and taking time to post them AND give and update to those of us who wait the latest with bated breath (or baited if we've been eating sushi again). It's so much fun, as always, to see what you are seeing. I am so thankful that you are such a good photographer. Keep it up!

Virginia said...

I miss you, Emilee! Let us know how you are when you have time. You have many loyal fans out here in cyber-space!
Virginia