9.1.06

A few more

The table at one of my very favorite cafés in Paris--Café Jenny. It's got a semi-American name, but don't let that fool you--it's quite French.
The host dad, Jean-Jacques. He's quite the unique *crazy* man, and I love him. Note the monocle. Yes, he wears a monocle. Chantal, the host mom. What can I say? She's very maternal, and quite nice. She cooks me yummy dinners.
A piece of the Champs Elysées lit up before Christmas. If you look carefully to the back, you can see a little bit of the Arc de Triomphe.
La Sainte Chapelle--the windows in this place are amazing.
More pretty windows.
A little canal in Chartres, in November. (Chartres is a small town in northern France, known for it's cathedral.)

Pére Noël climbing up an old building, also in Chartres. Some of the very first Christmas decorations of the year.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Thank you, Emilee! What gorgeous pictures! I love Pere Noel. You did get pictures of the cathedral at Chartres didn't you? I think for christmas next year you should make everyone a CD with all your Europe pictures on it! By the way, my Mom loves seeing your pictures too and asked to be remembered to you.