1.1.06

Some more pictures...

Omaha Beach? Or maybe Utah, I'm not exactly sure. Anyway, this is part of one of the D-Day beaches. And American soil now, technically--as this part and the American cemetery were given to the US by the French. I guess as close to home as I'll get for a while ;)
Where some German Soldiers used to hide out.
Cliffs near the Normandy Beaches. (This is actually Pont du Hoc, where there were lots of german bunkers and such.)

My good friend Amy and I. We're at a cidre tasting at a little place in the middle of this marshy field, and you can see Mont Saint Michel behind us. I love this picture!

For a change in location and theme, a few pictures of where I live. This, believe it or not is the entrance to where I live. The dark green. As you can see, it used to be a store, with an apartment behind. The family has since turned the store space into apartment-type areas for various members of the family, and then the actuall house starts pretty far back, and is three stories--with a really cool cave/basement to boot.

This is what you see as soon as you open that big green metal door. This hallway is open to the sky, and usually has lots of laundry drying in it. The house proper begins when you go through that blue door at the end. The ladder leads up to Anne and Manu's apartment, just above where I was standing, with the grandmother's and other daughter's living spaces to the left.


Once again, blogspot is acting up and not letting me put up any more pictures. I'll try again another day!

3 comments:

Virginia said...

Thank you Emilee! What a joy to hear from you again and to see your pictures. I'm so glad you did the photographic tour of "coming home". I had been curious about the outside. I'm anxious to hear more about Mont St. Michel and what is coming up this winter/spring. I'm so very glad you get a whole year there. Keep 'em coming, girl!
Virginia

Matteo said...

yay for fun pictures!

w00t

enjoy school :P

Jeanne: said...

Emilee--I am actually writing about an earlier entry. I like the comparison of learning to speak French with playing an instrument. I never did that though, so maybe I am making this up. I get the "plateau" idea and encourage you to suffer that feeling of shame at minimal progress with a sense of joy, too. You are, you remember, suffering this plateau in Paris. Your pictures are great. J'ai envie d'une visite!