24.9.08

(planes, trains, and automobiles + my feet)

Just a short update from a French café. 

I have finally arrived in Rodez, France, where I will be living for the next year or so. During the span of my approximately 24-hour trip, I was in Berlin, Paris, and Rodez--and I used all of the methods mentioned in the title of this post to get there. Anne dropped me off at Schönefeld, I flew to Paris and spent the night with my old host family, then I hopped a train to Rodez which arrived after 8 hours of beautiful countryside. 

I'm tired, but pleased to be here. I already have a few good stories to share, but those will have to wait for another time in the very near future. I'm going to walk to the foyer de jeunes travailleurs (like a boarding house for young people), go to bed, and wake up ready to find out where I'm teaching, get my phone working, and find a place to live. A full day's work, most likely! 

So here's to moving to strange places! I have a feeling it's going to be a great year. 

So. Until later. Bis später. A bientôt. Hasta luego. That's all I've got. 

1 comment:

A Bookish Woman said...

Yay Rodez! Yay Emilee!