5.12.08

(turkey toting)

Tomorrow is Thanksmas for the assistants in Rodez, and it's going to be amazing. It better be, anyway--after all the anticipation, planning, and turkey-related goose chases (ironic, I know).

Today I finally picked up the turkey--quite a victory in itself, considering all the butchers I went to and inquiries I made, and even a called-in favor from one of my teachers to procure it! It should be delicious-- unless something goes amiss, of course. But let's hope not--this is a fresh, never frozen turkey that should just fit in our oven. The idea of our apartment filled with friends and the scent of roasting turkey was what I had to think about on my way home (via a school on the other side of town where a teacher had a roasting pan for me to borrow) with the 3 kilo bird. The hour-long walk around town in the middle of a defeating hail/rain/thunder/lightening storm with a turkey in one hand and giant pans in the other, my teaching bag on one shoulder and my jeans soaked up to my knees... it was quite a journey we took, the elusive French turkey and me. I am finally drying out and chilling out for a bit before I start the Thanksmas preparations this evening. And OH so thankful for my warm bed :)

I'm sure there will be pictures soon.

No comments: